NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE contains Isotretinoin which belongs to the group of medicines called Retinoids. It is used in adults and children (older than 12 years of age) to treat severe form of acne (such as nodular acne, conglobate acne, and acne that is at risk of permanent scarring), which has not improved after other anti-acne treatments. Acne is an inflammatory skin condition which is characterized by spots, oily skin, nodular lesions etc. on face, back, and chest, which can be painful.
During treatment with NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE your doctor might conduct certain blood tests and pregnancy tests, and you will be supervised by a skin doctor. You will be advised to reduce intensive exercise and physical activity. Before you go out in the sun, use a sunscreen with a high protection factor (SPF 15 or higher).
Avoid too much sun and using a sun-lamp or sun-bed. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE as it may cause side effects. Do not donate blood while consuming NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE and after stopping NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE at least for one month or undergo cosmetic procedures while taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE or at least for 6 months after stopping it.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use in patients having liver or kidney disease, hyperlipidaemia (high blood lipid levels), high levels of Vitamin A. NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE should be used with caution in patients who have or had mental illness or family history of mental illness, asthma, diabetes, heart or bone problems like osteoporosis, or eating disorder.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use in pregnant women, women planning a pregnancy, breast feeding women, and in children (below 12 years of age) so, consult your doctor for advice. NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE should be used with caution in elderly patients (65 years and older).
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE may cause depression, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, or thoughts of self-harm in some patients. Consult your doctor if you experience any such behaviour or thoughts.
Most common side effects of taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE are dry skin of face and lips, joint or muscle pain, headache, easy bruising or bleeding, weakness, etc. Consult your doctor if any of the symptoms deteriorate.
USES OF NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE
- Used in adults and children (older than 12 years of age) to treat severe form of acne which has not improved after other anti-acne treatments
HOW NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE WORKS
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE helps in treating acne by inhibiting the function of sebaceous glands (oil glands in skin) thus, reducing the secretion of oil (sebum) in the skin. NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE also inhibits keratinization (development of a horn-like character by the epithelial tissue), which might be a cause of acne.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Take NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE as advised by your physician. Do not crush or chew it. Swallow NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE as whole with a glass of water or a mouthful of food. Take it on a full stomach. Your doctor will decide the right dose and duration of therapy for you according to your age, body weight and disease condition.
SIDE EFFECTS OF NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE
- Dry skin, especially of the lips and face, inflamed skin, chapped and inflamed lips, rash, mild itching, slight peeling
- More fragile and red skin than usual, especially of the face
- Back, muscle or joint pain (particularly in children and teenagers)
- Inflammation of the eye and eyelid area, dry and irritated eyes
- Raised liver
- Changed blood fat and cholesterol levels
- Easy bruising, bleeding or clotting
- Anaemia (weakness, dizziness, pale skin)
- Protein or blood in the urine
- Becoming more prone to get infections
- Dry and crusted inside of the nose causing mild nosebleeds
- Sore or inflamed throat and nose
- Hair loss
Stop taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE and consult your doctor immediately in case you experience any of the following:
- Persistent pain in your lower back or buttocks (signs of sacroiliitis)
- Severe skin reactions (Ex. erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis) (blistering and peeling of skin, severe rashes, fever, multiple lesions especially in mouth, nose, eyes and genitals, conjunctivitis, flu-like symptoms)
- Depression or related disorders (sad or altered mood, anxiety, emotional discomfort), worsening depression, becoming violent or aggressive
- Thoughts or feelings about hurting self or ending own lives, suicide attempts or suicide
- Unusual behaviour
- Psychosis (loss of contact with reality, like hearing voices or seeing things that are not real)
- Serious reactions (trouble breathing or swallowing due to sudden swelling of the throat, face, lips and mouth, sudden swelling of the hands, feet and ankles, hives, bruises, eczema, bruising, red patches on hands and legs)
- Sudden tight chest, breathlessness and wheezing, particularly if you have asthma
- Rhabdomyolysis (muscle weakness along with trouble moving arms or legs, painful, swollen, bruised areas of the body, dark urine, reduced or no urination, confusion or dehydration)
- Hepatitis (yellow skin or eyes, tiredness)
- Kidney inflammation (difficulty urinating, swollen and puffy eyelids, excessive tiredness)
- Increased intracranial pressure (continuous headache, along with nausea, vomiting and eyesight changes including blurred vision)
- Serious gut conditions (severe tummy pain, with or without severe bloody diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting)
- Vision problems like night vision problems, persistent dryness of eyes, intolerance to contact lenses
- Inflamed pancreas
- Hearing problems, ringing sound in ears
- Severe muscle weakness, muscle, joint, back pain, difficulty moving especially after exercise
HOW TO MANAGE SIDE EFFECTS
Take NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE with, or just after meals. Stick to simple meals. Avoid eating oily or spicy foods. If nausea persists, contact your doctor.
Get adequate rest. Drink lots of fluids, especially water. Have small sips if you feel sick. Eat when you feel like eating – you don’t have to eat or avoid any specific foods. Do not take any medicine for vomiting without your doctor’s consultation. If vomiting does not get better, contact your doctor.
Drink lots of fluids, like water or fruit juice to maintain hydration. Check with your doctor before taking any medicine for diarrhea. If diarrhea does not get better, contact your doctor.
Drink plenty of water and get adequate rest. Try to be relaxed and stress free. Consult with your doctor before taking any medicine for headache. If headache persists, consult your doctor.
Lie down until dizziness is improved, then get up slowly. Don’t hurry and move slowly and carefully. Get adequate rest. Drink plenty of water and other fluids. Avoid coffee, cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. If dizziness persists, consult your doctor.
Avoid hot showers because hot water can further irritate your skin. Do not scratch the affected area. Use protective clothing when going outdoors. Regularly moisturize your skin. Consult your doctor if your skin rash gets worse.
Eye irritation or itching:
Wash your eyes with plain cold water. Place an ice pack on your eye to soothe the irritation. Avoid straining your eyes by keeping away from mobile phones, laptops, or television. Wear protective sunglasses while going outdoors.
Avoid driving or going outside on your own if you have blurred eyesight. Close your eyes for some time until your eyesight gets clear. Contact your doctor if your vision remains blur for a long period.
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use in pregnant women and women planning a pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you become pregnant during treatment with NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE. It is not recommended to get pregnant for one month after stopping NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE treatment because some medicine may still be left in your body. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Contraception must be used for a month before taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE, during treatment and for a month afterwards. Discuss with your doctor regarding suitable contraceptive methods.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use in breast feeding women as it may pass through breast milk. Consult your doctor before taking it.
DRIVING AND USING MACHINES
Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience dizziness, drowsiness or decreased night vision after taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE.
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE as it may increase side effects. Inform your doctor if you are an alcoholic.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems. Consult your doctor before taking it.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use in patients with liver disease. Consult your doctor before taking it.
Do not take NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE if you are allergic to Isotretinoin, soya, peanuts or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE should be used with caution in patients having asthma. Consult your doctor before taking it.
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use if you have:
- High blood fat levels
- High levels of Vitamin A
Before taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE inform your doctor if you:
- Have or had mental illness or family history of mental illness such as depression, mood disorders, psychosis, aggressive behaviour, or hurting or killing self
- Have diabetes
- Are fructose intolerant
- Are overweight
Use in paediatrics:
NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age. NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE can be used in adolescents (more than 12 years of age) only after puberty. Consult your child’s doctor for advice.
Use in geriatrics:
There is no proper information about the use of NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE in elderly patients. Consult your doctor before taking it.
A. Drug-Drug interactions:
Before taking NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE, inform your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- Vitamin A supplements
- Medicines used to treat bacterial infections (Ex. minocycline, doxycycline)
- Phenytoin (used to treat fits)
- Medicines used to treat various inflammatory conditions (Ex. betamethasone, prednisolone, dexamethasone)
- Medicines used to prevent pregnancy (Ex. Norethindrone, ethinyl Oestradiol)
- St. John’s wort (herbal medicine used to treat mental disorders)
- Other medicines used to treat acne like keratolytic or exfoliative agents (Ex. salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide)
In case you or anybody else accidently take too much of NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE, consult your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital. Symptoms of NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE overdose are severe headache, abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness, redness of face, vomiting, somnolence, irritability, and itching.
|Therapeutic Indication||:||Severe Acne|
|Dosage Forms||:||Tablet, Soft gel Capsule, Capsule|
- Keep NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE out of reach of children
- Store NAYZIT 20MG CAPSULE between 15-30°C
There are no reviews yet.